Every alternate Saturday throughout the year, we run clinics and seminars to help educate the fly fishing community about topics of interest. From fly tying, to conservation, to fishing techniques, and beyond. See our list of scheduled events below. Schedule subject to change.
2019 Saturday Seminar Schedule
Seminars are every other Saturday throughout the year, from 10am to 12 noon. Shop clinics range from beginner to intermediate classes, and are open to the public, free of charge. Instructors for each class vary, and materials will be provided for each student. Attendees interested in joining the tying classes should bring with them a vise, tying tools, and a few spools of thread (students in need of tools can potentially use shop items when they are available).
- January 5 - Intro To Fly Tying For Beginners
- January 19 - No Mo' Furlough. Wintertime Essential Flies That Always Work
- February 2 - Winter Stoneflies Of The DMV With Micah Dammeyer of Knee Deep Fly Fishing
- February 16 - Shenandoah Park Essentials
- March 2 - Braden Miller Teaches Fly Tying For Kids & Adults
- March 16 - Quill Body Flies
- March 30 - Washington’s Founding Fish - Tying Shad Patterns
- April 13 - District Angling Anniversary Spring Fiesta (no tying class)
- April 27 - He Is Risen! Flies To Make Finicky Trout Rise.
- May 11 - Extended Body Flies
- May 25 - NO SEMINAR - Memorial Day Weekend
- June 8 - Introduction To Bass Flies for Beginners
- June 22 - Dirty Water Streamers
- July 6 - Foam Flies For Trout
- July 20 - Cicadas, Ants, & Beetles
- August 3 - Deceivers & Half & Halfs
- August 17 - Tying Carp Flies
- August 31 - NO CLASS - Enjoy Your Labor Day Holiday!
- September 14 - Food of the Autumn Migration
- September 28 - Great Lakes Fall Patterns
- October 12 - Autumn Patterns Of The Gunpowder River
- October 26 - Spey Flies For Steelhead
- November 9 - Musky Flies for Big Fish
- November 23 - TBD
- December 7 - Tying Ornaments with Kevin Eichinger
- December 21 - Tying Winter Trout Flies