Every alternate Saturday throughout the year, we run clinics and seminars to help educate the fly fishing community about topics of interest. From fly tying, to conservation, to fishing techniques, and beyond. See our list of scheduled events below. Schedule subject to change.
2018 Saturday Seminar Schedule
Every other Saturday throughout the year, we host fly tying clinics here in the shop from 10am to 12 noon. Shop clinics range from beginner to intermediate classes, and are open to the public, free of charge. Instructors for each class vary, and tying materials will be provided for each student. Tyers interested in joining these classes should bring with them a vise, tying tools, and a few spools of thread (students in need of tools can potentially use shop items when they are available).
- April 14 - Washington’s Founding Fish - Tying Shad Patterns
- April 28 - Quill Body Flies
- May 12 - Introduction To Fly Tying for Beginners
- May 26 - NO SEMINAR - Memorial Day Weekend
- June 9 - Cancelled Due To Day Of Importance
- June 23 - Dirty Water Streamers
- July 7 - Foam Flies For Trout
- July 21 - Cicadas, Ants, & Beetles
- August 4 - Deceivers & Half & Halfs
- August 18 - Tying Carp Flies
- September 1 - NO CLASS - Enjoy Your Labor Day Holiday!
- September 15 - Food of the Autumn Migration
- September 29 - Great Lakes Fall Patterns
- October 13 - Autumn Patterns Of The Gunpowder River
- October 27 - Spey Flies For Steelhead
- November 10 - Musky Flies for Big Fish
- November 24 - NO CLASS - Small Business Saturday
- December 8 - Tying Ornaments
- December 22 - Tying Winter Trout Flies